Pomoc - Szukaj - Użytkownicy - Kalendarz
Pełna wersja: Cadillac 5,7 V8 Diesel
Racingforum - Drag, Drift & Time Attack - Racing Forum > racingforum.pl > Muscle Cars
mihau_dst
witam!
zastanawiam się nad zakupen sevilla z tym silnikiem i nigdzie nie moge znalezc jakiegos konkretnego info na temat tego silnika. Jedyne co wiem to tyle, że jest to konstrukcja Oldsmobila. Proszę o jakieś info, ew. gdzie szukać.
Pozdro
Mihau
kwaszak
1978 - 1985: Oldsmobile LF9 Diesel

The LF9 was a diesel version of the 350 in³ (5.7 L) V8. It was produced from 1978 to 1985 and was used by most domestic GM marques. 1980-1985 versions used roller lifters. These engines were notably unreliable, a situation detailed below.

Oldsmobile Diesel problems

Despite the fact that these engines looked in large part like their gasoline cousins, they were indeed quite different. The castings were much thicker and heavier, and a higher quality alloy was used for the block and heads. The main bearing journals were also increased to 3.000 inches in size to compensate for the higher operating stresses and pressures that diesels exert on their reciprocating parts. The primary problem with GM's Diesel engines of the 1970s was due in large part to poor fuel quality (diesel fuel was notoriously filthy and contaminated with water in the late 1970's), which caused corrosion in the fuel injection pump. This corrosion could (and often did) cause an incorrect injection cycle, which would produce abnormally high cylinder pressures. This in turn would cause the cylinder head to "lift" up off of the block, and stretch (or even break) the head bolts. Once the head gasket was compromised, the gasket would leak coolant into the cylinder. At 22.5:1 compression, there was little volume left in the cylinder at TDC. The uncompressible quality of liquids means that the engine would hydro lock, breaking pistons, crankshafts, connecting rods, and other parts, resulting in complete and catastrophic engine damage. Why then, did other Diesel engines, from GM and other companies, not have these problems? The answer lies in the lack of an effective water separating system, such as can be found on other diesel applications. Overall, the main ingredients of disaster that affected this engine lie in: 1) A poorly designed fuel system, which was fostered by a desire to insulate the consumer from the unpleasant aspects of Diesel ownership. 2) A misguided attempt to market the diesel engine as if it was as convenient to operate and maintain as a gasoline engine. 3) A poorly trained service staff which often used the incorrect oils and service procedures for this (and any, for that matter) Diesel engine. These factors combined to create the ultimate downfall of this engine. In the hands of an experienced diesel operator, these engines can (and often do) travel for hundreds of thousands of trouble free miles. However, for a society of people who just "gas and go", this engine was particularly ill suited to the task.

Moze cos pomoze
mihau_dst
dzieki! teraz juz cosik wiem. Jak dobrze rozumiem przy serwisie u dobrze zorientowanego mechaniora i tankowaniu dobrego paliwa nic strasznego dziać się nie będzie? Oczywiście zakładamy, że silnik nie jest w stanie agonalnym. Jestem też świadomy, że 30-latek nie będzie bezawaryjny jak mesio w126:)
SajneK
mi sie wydaje ze on na wszystkim pojedzie...
Jak masz dostep do czesci to bierz
hwojtek
notably unreliable

Warto zapamiętać ten zwrot, oznaczający po polsku, że ich awaryjność była godna uwagi. Szczególnie dlatego, że nie pojedzie na wszystkim właśnie...
Oczywiście wszyscy sobie zdają sprawę z tego, jak proste jest posiadanie silnika:
a) amerykańskiego,
b) wysokoprężnego,
c) znanego z zawodności,
d) 20-paroletniego,
e) o nieznanej przeszłości?

mihau_dst
z tekstu wynika ze wiekszosc usterek powodowana była paliwem niskiej jakosci i serwisantami, którzy pierwszy raz w życiu diesla widzieli. Jeśli się na niego zdecyduję (jutro jadę oglądać) to na pewno silnik przejdzie remont (chcę go kupić przed zimą, żeby móc go na wiosnę wyszykować). Dostęp do częsci jest i to w niezłych cenach.
http://www.cadillacpartstore.com/ tu jest praktycznie wszystko i ceny nie zabijają. Auto NIE BĘDZIE daily use więc od początku nie musi być w pełni sprawne. Zresztą większość części jest wymienna z benzynowym 5,7.
Oczywiście nie jestem zdecydowany, że ma to być tylko to auto i koniec. Myślę też nad np. Fordem LTD 5,7 benzyna gdzie wszystko powinno być łatwiejsze, ale gdyby na to patrzeć to kto rozsądnie myślący kupiłby np. Alfę?
To jest wersja lo-fi głównej zawartości. Aby zobaczyć pełną wersję z większą zawartością, obrazkami i formatowaniem proszę kliknij tutaj.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.